LOOK AT ME! I’M THE KING OF NEW YORK!
Err, the king of the bloggers. Or, more accurately, the QUEENS of the bloggers. But whatever. Either way, we have been given an AWARD mates! I know, it’s just the bee’s knees, ain’t it? (Sorry, as you can probably tell, we’ve been listening the Broadway Newsies Soundtrack a lot lately… *attempts Brooklyn accent*). Anyway, thank you so much to Alex at lordofthetrekkies for nominating us! Go check out her blog, peasants, or we will stab you will with a dull spork.
- What is one book that changed the way you think?
Hermione: I’d probably say that All the Light We Cannot See and The Book Thief really changed the way I thought about WW2. Before I had always thought of all Germans as evil, soul-sucking Nazis (biased, I know), but these books showed the humanity (and the cruelty) of people on both sides of the battlefield.
Clara: A book that changed the way I think is What Is Left the Daughter. It made you slower to judge and quicker to look at people’s motives and mindset.
- Do you believe in aliens? Why or why not?
Hermione: No, I don’t believe in a bunch of little green aliens running around on Mars somewhere. If, however, some sort of parallel universe exists out there where I could travel back to Brooklyn in the 1950’s, well, I wouldn’t complain.
Clara: I do believe in aliens. Not little green men on mars, but the universe is so big, that I have no problem believing that somewhere there are other living organisms.
- What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
Hermione: Hmmm, I don’t know. OH NEVER MIND. Across Five Aprils. More like Across Five Years of Boredom for the dying students. The book was basically a TEXTBOOK. WHY MIDDLE SCHOOOL WHY.
Clara: Okay, this book was so bad, I don’t even remember the name. There was a black kid whose dad was in prison, and he had a dog that got shot and died. A horrible reading choice for fifth graders.
- What would be your dream career?
Hermione: Something involved in the book publishing industry. Or teaching English in a foreign country. Or starring on Broadway. Or killing Clara, because she is currently being very irritating.
Clara: WE’S GO WHERE WE WISHES, WE’S AS FREES AS FISHES. Ahhh, yes. I would love to be on Broadway (a starring role of course), or maybe an heiress. A New Zealand tour guide would also be cool. BTW Hermione can’t sing, so there goes her Broadway dream.
- What is your opinion on house cats?
Hermione: I don’t really care about house cats, to be honest. Cats are nice and all, but I like dragons better.
Clara: I love cats, but house cats……. In a perfect world where the cats would never shed, or poop out of the litter box, or tear up the furniture, I would love a house cat. (And I think it is terribly cruel to declaw your cats. I could rant about this for days.)
- Why did you start blogging?
Hermione: Clara and I have always been very bookishly opinionated people, and so we wanted a chance to enlighten all you peasants. I also really enjoy designing images and graphics for the blog. (Three cheers for free downloads from creativemarket.com!)
Clara: Ummmm…I like having an excuse to be on the internet?
- If you could travel anywhere, real or fake, where would you go?
Hermione: Okay, get ready, because I have a LONG list. Real: Ireland, Scotland (back in the 20th century), France, England, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Bolivia, annddd I think that’s it? Oh no-Greenland, Iceland, Sweden, Italy (Rome!) and maybe Germany. Fictional: Middle-Earth, Alagaesia (but ONLY if I could be a dragon rider), Hogwarts (obviously!), Camp Half-Blood, and some parallel universe where all the Marvel characters exist and I was a brilliant computer hacker.
Clara: HOGWARTS HOGWARTS, HOGGY HOGGY HOGWARTS, TEACH US SOMETHING PLEASE!!! Obviiiouuusly. Also Camp Half Blood, Scotland, London, Paris, Middle earth, Alagaesia, Primoria, Rome, and Italy, EUROPE IN GENERAL, of course Australia and…. NEW ZEALAND!!!!
- Are you allergic to something? If so, can you tell us what it is?
Hermione: Yes, I am most definitely allergic to idiots. Also, socializing.
Clara: Oatmeal, (actually I just really hate oatmeal), parties, and love triangles.
- Have you ever been on a trip outside your own country? Where did you go?
Hermione: Sadly, no. I have never even left the U.S. *sobs dramatically*
Clara: Yes, oh yes!!! Middle Earth, Wild Scottish Moors, Long Island Sound, 18th century London, WW2 Germany, and so much more. For a book transports you anywhere. (But seriously I have never left the U.S. in real life.)
- What is the biggest book you own? Can you take a picture?
Hermione: Probably The Complete Sherlock Holmes and Anna Karenina (though I’ve only ever made it through the first 100 pages of Anna Karenina before I literally died. I tried, I really did. (Can someone pretty please time travel back to Russia and throw a brick at Tolstoy? Thanks.)
Clara: Inheritance and Eldest, both by Cristopher Paolini. Time to brag: I read Eldest in a day. It’s like a 500-page book!!!
- What is your favorite kind of coffee?
Hermione: Ugh, coffee is like black vomit. I prefer tea, and hot chocolate, and hot milk.
Clara: I do prefer tea, but I like really chocolaty Mochas. If you can’t provide that, then I drink it black. I don’t float with the weak chocolate flavor.
- What fictional character would you have a hamburger with?
- If you could write in one color pen ink for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you consider yourself antisocial?
- What’s one book you would change the ending of?
- What do you think about when you’re in the shower?
- What’s a song that hits you right in the feels?
- Do you prefer boots or heels?
- What do you think of when you see this picture?
- Is there a difference in the way you listen to music when you’re at home versus out in public?
- What fictional character would you snog right now?
- What Broadway musical would you choose to be in? (Pretend you can sing and dance at a Broadway level, obviously.)
We would like to nominate:
These lovely bloggers (yes, yes, there’s not eleven, we know):
- Klinta @ bookowly
- Cait @ paperfury
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Zoe @ zoe169
- Imo @ mugglebooks
- Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf
- Anyone named Hannah
- Anyone who is deathly afraid of Ferris wheels
- Anyone who is reading this!